Tuesday, November 27, 2007

10? Really??

I didn't realize it until we got there but I was homesick for TX. I haven't lived there since 2000 but it's where I was born and raised and where family is. FACT: Mike was born and partially raised in TX, but he claims Minnesota. Now this is where you non-Texans can roll your eyes but we were talking about how Dallas/Ft. Worth feels so open and big compare to the Twin Cities. Big as in more elbow room and space. I do love all the evergreen trees up here but they close in things.
So to tie in my title for this post, the temperature this morning is directly related to what time it is!! At 9am it was 9 degrees, at 10am it is now 10 degrees, BUT it feels like -3!!! What am I supposed to do with that?!?! We are Not in Texas any more!!
Mike has been biking into work every day so I'm curious how it was for him this morning at 6am!!
I have been good about walking every morning but I told my sister today on the phone that I may wait till noon or later to see if it hits the high of 25....
Having had experience in North Woods freezing winters, I like to think I can handle cold weather better the most Texans, but I'm not going to take it without some whine and chili!!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

My Mike and I met & got engaged in Fort Worth--I love cowtown. It honestly feels like a big small town. We get sentimental every time we visit. :)
And did you ever get to taste Mike's brisket? He's pretty good! I didn't know what brisket was until I met him!