Thursday, September 24, 2009

Packing...

Thankfully we don't have tons of stuff since our annual moves help clean out junk. But still, packing is packing and I don't like it. It's even more challenging with a 17 month old wanting attention or unpacking as I pack. We've been packing mostly after he is in bed, which leaves his room almost untouched. I have boxed up his too small clothes and too big clothes but the rest I'll just toss into a box. We have his room, the kitchen, and odds and ends to finish up.


Our closing is tomorrow. I have some friends coming over tomorrow evening to help me clean the house and then we hope to get most of the moving done on Sat. I don't want to be in limbo too long. Another blessing is the house is only about 5 miles away so we can just through stuff in.

I can't believe this day is already here. When we set the closing date, I thought it would be a long month, but as usually we somehow managed to stay busy. My sister came up one weekend, Mike's cousin got married last weekend and then this weekend is it.

We are excited to get moved in, settled and get the fire pit dug!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

I just read about the house, and it sounds wonderful. We're in a "cozy" 3 bedroom right now; I would love to have 4. But I'm very thankful for the house we have.
Hope the move goes smoothly for you!