Sunday, May 24, 2009

Josiah 1st Birthday

For Josiah's first birthday (which was a month ago!), we had few friends over for cake and ice cream.  We live across the street from one of the 10,000+ lakes in MN.  Lake Josephine has a park with a swimming beach, playground, boat launch, fishing dock and numerous picnic tables. The weather was absolutely beautiful that day.  I know everyone enjoyed being outside.  
A local fancy grocery store offers free birthday cakes for your baby's first birthday so we took them up on the offer.  I had never been in the store before I went to order the cake but I did buy a few other things there to ease my guilt!  This store is carpeted and does not have your typical layout of a grocery store, I literally walked all over before I found the milk tucked away in the back corner.  Here is the cake they made for Josiah, it was delicious.  

I had the options of chocolate, white or marble cake, chocolate or white icing, balloon or flower decorations and what I wanted the cake to say.  This picture was taken after I started slicing!

I made a special gluten, dairy and egg free chocolate brownie for Josiah to chow down and boy did he!  I thought the brownies were pretty good but I didn't have any takers on them at the party, which meant more for me later!  We did give Josiah a few smaller pieces a couple of days later but he may have been burned out from the big one he ate.  I gave him that big of a piece for picture taking purposes but he probably ended up eating 3/4 of it, the rest fell through the cracks of the table.

Mike tried lighting the candle but it too windy for the little flame to hold.
Here is his nice brownie face and taking a break to chew on the fork, still no teeth at this time!

After downing the brownie, he need to laugh it off.  He loves the swing, even more so when his daddy is pushing him!  These baby swings are wonderful, I'm so glad the parks have them.  At first when he'd swing he had to hold on but now that he's used to it he'll flail his arms and kick his legs. 
His bud Joshua decided to join in on the fun.  Joshua is Josiah's polar opposite, lots of dark hair!

When we got home that evening we opened his presents.  The theme of the presents was blocks.  Three of his toys had different shaped blocks with holes to put them in , he loved them.  One of the block toys was a walker that he could push around.  There will be video of that later on!
It was a great 1st birthday with friends and sunshine!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

No way! I can't believe he's over a year old already. He sure is adorable.